Manufacturer membership with American Lighting Association is open to those who design lighting fixtures, portable lamps, outdoor lighting and ceiling fans.
The association lobbies hard for lighting manufacturers in government on business and lighting issues. We have created alliances to make certain energy-efficiency regulations are practical for manufacturers while still reducing energy use, and we are fighting for harmonization so manufacturers are not forced to produce special products to meet state or provincial laws.
We also offer member manufacturers these programs and benefits:
- Manufacturers’ Sales Survey. This survey collects sales data from member manufacturers and provides vital aggregate information to assist with product planning and forecasting.
- Lighting Magazine. Produced by the ALA and Better Homes and Gardens, Lighting is the only lighting-exclusive consumer publication in North America and features product information from ALA member manufacturers.
- Technology Updates. The ALA’s engineering resources allow us to effectively interface with UL and CSA as lighting technology advances, keeping our members on top of changing technologies and requirements.
- Showroom Contacts. The ALA provides access to premier lighting showrooms; offers free electronic mailing lists for your marketing efforts; and promotes manufacturers to members through the Membership Directory and Buyers Guide.
- Internet Exposure. A feature on the ALA Web site allows retailers to search for manufacturers by product type or company name; free lighting design videos are available for use on members’ Web sites.
Sign up for ALA Manufacturer Membership