About ALA for Members
The American Lighting Association is a trade association representing the residential lighting industry, serving members and their customers, and working to protect and advance the industry while promoting the sale and proper application of quality lighting products.
The ALA makes it possible for companies in the lighting industry to:
- Increase their share of the market
- Develop effective public relations programs to increase consumers’ awareness of lighting and sell more products through the showroom channel of distribution
- Benefit from low-cost, convenient sales and design training opportunities
- Monitor the actions of legislative and regulatory bodies and represent the industry’s interests in negotiations
- Encourage the continuing development and proper use of safe, energy-efficient products
The association's strategic objectives are organized into three categories — Public Affairs, Education and Organization Affairs — and are updated by an executive committee each year with input from members and staff. The current strategic objectives may be viewed online in the Action Agenda.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the American Lighting Association, learn more here.
“The ALA has significantly enhanced the awareness of lighting and has established itself as the brand in lighting.”
—Zia Eftekhar, CEO, Philips Lighting North America